Healthcare law impacts everyone and is among the largest sectors of our economy. It follows that the law related to healthcare is broad and complex, encompassing a multitude of operational, transactional, scientific, and regulatory legal issues. Health law involves federal and state statutes, regulations, and decisions pertaining to areas such as:
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, 42 U.S.C. § 18001 et seq. (“PPACA”) (colloquially, “Obamacare”);
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) 42 U.S.C. §§ 300gg 1320d et seq., and 29 U.S.C § 1181 et seq.;
- The Stark Law, 42 U.S.C. § 1395nn;
- The Anti-kickback Statute, 42 U.S.C. § 1320a-7b(b));
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1395dd (“EMTALA”);
- Medicaid (known in Oklahoma as “Soonercare”);
- Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death;
- Health Insurance Disputes; and
- Advance directives.
Logan & Lowry, LLP’s expertise covers transactional and compliance issues, negotiations, and litigation involving agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Oklahoma State Department of Health, the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. We possess vast experience assisting hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, home health organizations, residential care facilities, patients and their families in navigating the array of issues related to healthcare law. Contact us to learn more.